Friday, May 29, 2009

NCAA Lacrosse Championships - Div I

I was shot the Syracuse vs. Duke semi-final game of the men's NCAA Div I Lacrosse championships last Saturday. Unfortunately however, I missed the rest of the championship weekend with some kind illness.

The worst aspect of the day was the parking. Although there was a large audience for the games, the stadium was no where near capacity. In addition, there was no charge for parking so I'm still wondering why I sat in two hours of traffic to get into the parking lot. If traffic is controlled in a similar manner for Patriot games I'll certainly keep my distance. There is no reason that with free parking (no stopping and paying, just drive in and find a spot) that there should be a 3+ mile backup.

The good news is that once I was in the parking lot, picking up my credentials and finding the photo room was a breeze. They had me credentialed as "media" instead of "photo" but when I inquired, they said not to worry about it since the game was about to begin. Good job by the staff not jerking me around when I'm trying to meet a deadline.

I won't recap the whole game but it was clear that Syracuse was too strong of an opponent for Duke that day. They took an early lead and continued to build on it through 4 quarters. Syracuse went on to win the National Championship on Memorial Day.


(Left) Spencer Van Schaack makes a quick pass in a game that saw an amazing 24 goals.
(Right) Duke attacker Justin Turri gets checked as gets too near the Syracuse goal.




Orangemen midfielder Matt Abbot stays focused on preventing a Duke comeback in the 3rd period.




Senior Jake Moulton puts a ball past Duke goalie Rob Schroeder just 7 seconds into the 3rd period.

0 comments:


Powered by Blogger